Pages

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shampoo and Herbal Rinse

So lately I have been inspired to try experimenting again. here is the most recent experimentation – SHAMPOO !!
so here it goes :
2 oz flaked soap
12 oz water
1/8 tsp gelatin alternative (agar agar from mary jane’s farm)
10 drops lemon essential oil
1 tsp glycerin
1/2 tsp of each, chamomile infused oil and calendula infused oil
combine soap and water in double boiler. melt. add remaining ingredients. mix well.
shake before use.
I also made an herbal rinse
here that one goes :
take chamomile, calendula and nettles and make an infusion (cover with water and bring to boil, simmer). I used an old 12 oz shampoo bottle and put in 3 tbls. of bragg’s apple cider vinegar. I strained the herbs from the infuse and filled the rest of the bottle with the tea. I also added a couple drops of vitamin E. this should be stored in the frig.

I’ll be trying these out next shower, let you know what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for your comment
Josh & Leslie